Keeping your windows clean not only maintains the overall look of your car, but is essential for your safety while driving. Dirty windows cause light rays to scatter and can increase glare that impares visibility, but cleaning your windows can result in a streaky finish that’s just as distracting. Not to worry, with the right products and technique you can leave your windows looking brand new and streak-free.
- A high-quality glass cleaner not only helps cut through dirt and grime on windows, but also delivers a streak-free finish. Spray the cleaner directly on the cloth when cleaning the interior of a window.
- Make sure to use a microfiber cloth when cleaning your windows. The very fine weave and softness of the cloth allow for an effective, yet gentle way to scrub dirt and fingerprints from glass.
- Wipe the window in every direction. Wipe the window up-and-down and then side-to-side. This method helps to limit streaking.
- Make sure to wash your car before cleaning the exterior of windows. An overall wash allows for the removal of most of the major grime and debris, which makes cleaning the windows later much easier.
- Unlike the interior, you should spray the glass cleaner directly onto the exterior window. This allows for dirt and bug residue leftover from the wash to dissolve and makes it easier to wipe off.
- Make sure to use a microfiber cloth. The cloth grabs onto dirt and bugs and leaves the ideal streak-free shine.
- Use the same motion as the interior windows to limit streaks, however, use additional pressure when needed to scrub of bugs and dirt.
Now you’re off with a great set of shiny windows that not only look great, but will help your visibility and keep you safer on the road.