What is CandyCoat™ Ceramic Paint Coating?
CandyCoat™ Elite is a semi-permanent silicon dioxide (SIO2) based ceramic nano coating that provides up to 3 YEARS of paint protection because it chemically bonds to your vehicle’s clear coat and does not wash off like a wax or sealant. The more pitted your car’s paint is with scratches, watermarks, swirls etc. the easier it is for dirt and other environmental contaminants to work their way into the tiny microscopic pores of your paintwork.
CandyCoat™ Elite fills in these tiny pores to create an extremely smooth vehicle surface. The result is an easy to clean super hydrophobic finish that repels dirt, bugs, road grime, bird droppings and other environmental contaminants from permanently damaging your paint.
This is a professional level coating.
HOW TO APPLY CANDYCOAT™ ELITE:
- Do not apply coating in direct sunlight.
- A temperature controlled indoor environment is preferred. Ideal relative humidity percentages should be 50% or below.
- Application is easiest when product is applied at temperatures between 50-90°F (10-32°C).
- Curing and flash times depend upon temperature and humidity. If humidity is high product may flash quickly. Test a small area first before applying. If you notice that it flashes rapidly, reduce the size of the application area.
- Do not apply to freshly painted vehicles. It is recommended that paint is left to breathe for approximately 30 days or more. Failure to wait for the paint to breathe will result in “solvent pop” which will ruin the finish of the vehicle.
Step 1- Clean and Decontaminate Paint-
CandyCoat™ is not a paint restorer; any claying, polishing, and restoration work should be carried out before application. Make sure all scratches, swirl marks, bugs, tar, water spots etc. are removed from the paint before applying.
Step 2- Prep Surface-
Once paint is corrected wash and completely dry vehicle and use SPS Prepsolve or any body shop prep solvent to remove any remaining waxes, silicones, oils or sealants from paint surface.
Step 3- Apply Coating-
Wear nitrile gloves. Wrap microfiber suede towel around applicator and prime applicator with 1-3 drops of CandyCoat™ Elite. Apply coating to one small panel at a time using a cross-hatch pattern and wait 30-45 seconds for product to flash. NOTE: Do not allow product to fully dry. In high temperatures and high humidity drying time may need to be reduced to 20-30 seconds.
Using 2 clean microfiber towels, use one to remove excess product and the second to polish, buff coating off surface using light pressure until no residue remains. Repeat steps to coat entire vehicle.
Step 4- Inspection-
After application, carefully inspect paint for any high spots or areas missed. If you notice any high spots (within the first 30 minutes) immediately reapply coating to that area and buff off. If additional layers are desired, wait up to 1 hour before applying another coat.
AFTERCARE AND MAINTENANCE OF COATING:
- Keep the surface dry for a minimum of 24 hours after ceramic coating installation.
- Do not wash vehicle for 7 days after application.
- Hand wash vehicle with pH neutral soap like our CandyCoat™ Revive once every 2 weeks to avoid excessive contamination build-up. Do not use a soap that contains wax.
- Always dry car completely after washing with a plush microfiber towel. Do not leave it to “air” dry. Tap water contains minerals that may leave deposits on the coating creating water spots.
- Remove bird droppings, tar, sap and water as soon as possible to avoid temporary staining or hardening on the coating.
- Never use abrasive products to polish the coating or to remove surface contaminants.
- Apply CC Enhancer once every 3-4 months or as needed to restore hydrophobicity and shine.
- Hardness: 7H
- Thickness: 0.75-1 microns
- Heat Resistance: 1400 F
- Flash Time: 30-60 seconds (depending on temperature/humidity)
- Cure Time: Initial Cure within 3 hours, full cure in 3 days
- Removal: If product is cured it can only be removed by polishing
- Use on: Clear Coat Paint, Matte Paint, Rims and Calipers, Chrome, Stainless Steel, Exhaust Pipes, Plastic Trim, Vinyl Wraps, Decals and Emblems, Paint Protection Film (PPF) and Carbon Fiber
- Size: 50mL Bottle will treat 1 full-size SUV
CANDYCOAT™ ELITE KIT CONTAINS:
50 mL bottle CandyCoat™ Elite
1 Ceramic Coating Applicator with Micro Suede Towel
1 “Protected by CandyCoat™” Door Jamb Sticker
1 Rear-View Mirror Hang Tag with Aftercare Instructions
To learn more about our Certified Only ceramic coatings visit www.candycoatpro.com